Energy drinks have become a lifesaver for people, these drinks are consumed excessively by adults and teenagers. Energy drinks help you by providing a boost of energy that lasts for at least 6 hours.
Energy drinks have a number of ingredients, but caffeine is the main ingredient. Caffeine is a stimulant that increases mental and physical performance, leading to enhanced productivity.
Most drinks have massive doses of caffeine, and Reign energy is one of them. Reign contains 300 mg of caffeine per 16 fl. oz.
While Reign has a balanced mixture of B vitamins and has zero amount of sugar, it contains sucralose and an immoderate amount of caffeine so it isn’t as healthy as one would think.
Caffeine shouldn’t be consumed excessively, because it can cause many health complications. If you want to know more about the side effects, keep reading.
Reign Energy Drink Nutrition Facts
Reign energy is created with many ingredients, some of them are beneficial, while some can cause side effects, however, the factor that matters is how much of those ingredients were used.
Check out the nutrition facts of Reign Energy in the table below.
|Standard Values||Reign (16 fl. oz)|
(Of which Saturated)
(Of which Sugars)
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||21.6mg|
Reign Energy Drink Ingredients
Ingredients make the recipe of every food and beverage, and as some people may be allergic to some of those ingredients, it’s crucial to take a look at the list of ingredients
Here’s a list of everything that goes into a can of Reign:
- Carbonated Water
- Citric Acid
- Sodium Citrate
- Natural Flavors
- Sodium Benzoate
- Potassium Citrate
- Potassium Sorbate
- Acesulfame Potassium
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Magnesium Lactate
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
Calories In Reign Energy
Good thing is that Reign Energy only contains 10 calories per can, which means if you’re on a strict calorie diet, you can drink Reign as it wouldn’t mess with your calorie count.
Calories are extremely important for your body, a good amount of calories keep your heart beating at a healthy rate and your lungs breathing. But, researchers say that too many calories can be bad for you as it can lead to weight gain, and eventually obesity.
According to some research, women are advised to consume 2000 calories per day and men should consume 2500 per day. These recommended doses aren’t too less to cause your heartbeat to stop, nor too many to cause weight gain.
Caffeine In Reign Energy
Caffeine is the prime active ingredient that is included in every recipe for energy drinks, you ask why?
Well, caffeine stimulates the brain which has been studied to help ease symptoms of different neurological and psychiatric disorders. Moreover, caffeine increases alertness, attention, and energy, as well as physical performance.
So you see, there’re several alluring benefits that people enjoy, therefore, manufacturers of energy drinks add an immoderate amount of caffeine, completely ignoring the fact that too much caffeine can cause side effects like:
- Restlessness and shakiness.
- Fast heart rate.
Unfortunately, Reign is one of those energy drinks. Per every 16 ounces, Reign contains 300mg of caffeine which is extremely close to the recommended limit.
According to the FDA, caffeine should only be consumed in moderate amounts which are 400 mg per day for a healthy adult.
While 400 mg is the regular dose for a person who has a high tolerance to caffeine, some people are caffeine-sensitive which means 400 mg is dangerously high for them.
People with caffeine sensitivity can experience side effects when exposed to an immoderate amount of caffeine which are:
- racing heartbeat.
- nervousness or anxiousness.
Moreover, as people develop a high tolerance to caffeine, they’re also developing dependency. They would crave more and more caffeine, and when they fail to satisfy those cravings, caffeine withdrawal symptoms would occur.
Have a look at the caffeine withdrawal symptoms:
- Difficulty concentrating.
- Muscle pain.
The only way to avoid any side effects of caffeine, you merely need to keep your energy drink consumption in moderation.
Sugar In Reign Energy
Sugar is only beneficial when it’s consumed in a moderate manner, it’s studied to provide a burst of energy that may last for a couple of hours only.
According to the AHA, women should consume 25 g of sugar per day, whereas men should consume 36 g.
Excessive consumption of sugar has been associated with side effects that include:
- Brain fog and decreased energy.
- Sugar Crashes.
- Cravings and weight gain
- Skin issues.
- Tooth decay.
- Higher blood pressure.
- Fatty liver disease.
- Higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Heart disease and heart attacks.
- Mood disorders.
- Increased risk of heart attack
You can find sugar in almost every energy drink, while some may have a small dose, other will have huge contents. Nevertheless, Reign Energy is a sugar-free drink.
Energy drinks include sugar either to mask the bitterness of certain ingredients or to include another source of energy besides caffeine.
Artificial Sweeteners In Reign
Artificial sweeteners are substitutes for sugar in sugar-free energy drinks like Reign energy.
Reign Energy uses the artificial sweetener, sucralose. Sucralose is FDA approved and hasn’t been found to cause any health complications.
Moreover, sucralose doesn’t add any calories, unlike high fructose corn syrup which has been known to cause weight gain, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
How Much Can You Drink Reign Every Day?
Energy drinks contain huge contents of sugar and caffeine and both of those ingredients are known to cause health complications, especially when consumed in an immoderate amount.
Reign energy drink may not have sugar, but it does contain 300 mg of caffeine per can which is quite close to the FDA-recommended dose, thus, no more than one can be consumed.
If you consume Reign in inadequacy, you can experience side effects like:
- It may increase blood pressure.
- It may Increase heart rate.
- It may increase type 2 diabetes risk.
- It may damage your teeth.
- It may negatively affect kidney health.
- It may increase high-risk behavior.
- It may lead to toxicity and caffeine overdose.
If you don’t want to experience those side effects, I would advise you to always consume energy drinks with responsibility.
Watch this video to have more knowledge about Reign Energy.
Alternatives To Reign Energy
Reign contains several B vitamins, but that doesn’t make it healthier because it has an inadequate dose of caffeine which is 300 mg per 16 ounces.
As every person doesn’t have a high tolerance to caffeine, Reign can be too much for them, therefore I have listed some great alternatives.
- ZEVIA Zero Calorie Energy Drink.
- NUUN Energy.
- SAMBAZON Amazon Energy Drink.
- LIFEAID FOCUSAID Clean Energy.
- Reign is one of them which has 300 mg of caffeine which makes it one of the strongest energy drinks out there.
- Reign contains zero sugar but still has around 10 calories.
- Reign Energy can be too much for people who are sensitive to caffeine.
- The caffeine content of Reign Energy is quite close to the recommended dose which is 400 mg per day for a healthy adult.
- I don’t recommend Reign to anyone who has a low tolerance to caffeine because it can cause side effects like jitters and insomnia.
- Moreover, Reign doesn’t contain sugar, but it has sucralose which is an artificial sweetener.
- Sucralose is an FDA-approved artificial sweetener, in addition, it doesn’t add any calories which is why it’s the first choice as a substitute for sugar.
- There’re many artificial and some of them are known to cause side effects, but fortunately, sucralose isn’t one of them.
- Reign or any other energy drink should be consumed in a moderate amount to avoid any health complications.