Energy drinks are wildly consumed because of their alluring effects on the human brain. Energy drinks are created with ingredients that contribute to providing a boost of energy and keeping you healthy and hydrated.
Summit energy drink includes only 80 mg of caffeine, 104 calories with 25.5g of sugar. Moreover, Summit also contains other health-beneficial ingredients like taurine and B vitamins.
Summit energy drink can certainly provide a healthy boost of energy with only 80 mg of caffeine without giving you jitters, however, you may experience sugar crashes as it contains 25.5 g of sugar.
Let’s dig a little and learn about the benefits and side effects of the ingredients used in Summit.
Nutritional Facts Of Summit Energy Drink
The first thing you should do while purchasing an energy drink is to check its nutrition facts because these labels tell you how and what is in the energy drink.
You can find the nutrition facts label on the back of the can, as for Summit, check out its nutritional facts down below:
|Summit Energy Drink||Values Per Serving|
Ingredients Of Summit Energy Drink
Ingredients are the most crucial aspect of energy drinks, they determine if the drink is healthy or not.
Here’s a list of ingredients present in Summit:
- Carbonated Water
- Acidity Regulators (330, 334, 331)
- Taurine (0.5%)
- Natural Flavour
- Preservatives (211, 202)
- Caffeine (0.03%)
Caffeine Content In Summit
Caffeine is the main ingredient used in energy drinks because without it, there won’t be any boost of energy. Caffeine acts as an active ingredient, it stimulates the brain and the Central Nervous System. Moreover, often energy drinks include high doses of caffeine, which isn’t healthy whatsoever.
Fortunately, the Summit energy drink only includes 80 mg of caffeine per serving. 80 mg isn’t too much nor too less, it can substantially increase your mental and physical performance which will ultimately increase your productivity.
Moreover, 80 mg is within the recommended limits which are suggested by the FDA. According to them, people should limit their daily caffeine intake to only 400 mg to avoid side effects.
Here’s a list of side effects that are linked to excessive consumption of caffeine:
- Restlessness and shakiness.
- Fast heart rate.
Furthermore, Summit can also be consumed by people with caffeine sensitivity as it contains only 80 mg of caffeine. However, I advise you to pull the plug if you experience any caffeine sensitivity side effects.
Here’s a list of side effects that are associated with caffeine sensitivity, have a look at them to be more aware:
- Rapid heartbeat.
The only way to avoid any of those side effects is to be aware of your caffeine tolerance and consume energy drinks within the limit.
Sugar Content In Summit
Sugar is sweet in taste but the side effects of immoderate consumption are bitter. Sugar is included in energy drinks in huge doses either to mask the bitterness of certain ingredients or to include another source of energy as sugar is known to provide rise to your energy levels.
Energy drinks often include immoderate doses which aren’t healthy at all and can lead to side effects, and Summit is one of those energy drinks as it contains 25.5 g of sugar per serving.
According to the researchers, too much sugar consumption can give rise to a number of side effects which include:
- Fatigue and difficulty concentrating.
- Feeling jittery or anxious.
- Feeling shaky or dizzy.
- Higher blood pressure.
- Weight gain.
- Fatty liver disease.
- Increased risk for heart attack and stroke.
Additionally, if you want to consume sugar, I recommend you keep it within the limit. According to the AHA, women are advised to keep their sugar intake to 25 g and men should limit their sugar consumption to 36 g per day.
As you can the sugar content of Summits exceeds the recommended dose for women, and in general 25.5g is a high dose for one serving.
Therefore, if you don’t want to experience any sugar-related side effects, I advise keeping the consumption of Summit in moderation.
Calories In Summit
Calories are important to stay alive and healthy, they keep your heart beating and your lungs breathing. Calories also determine energy levels, meaning the more calories you consume, the greater energy levels you’ll have.
However, calories should also be consumed in moderation, Summit energy drink contains 104 calories per serving, which is neither too many nor too less.
In addition, too many calories can be bad for you as it can lead to weight gain, and eventually obesity.
Obesity alone can cause innumerable health complications which include:
- All causes of death.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Higher risk of stroke.
- Can cause gallbladder disease.
- Prone to osteoarthritis.
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems.
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (dyslipidemia).
- Increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Higher risk of different types of cancer.
- Low quality of life.
- Mental illnesses like clinical depression, anxiety, and several other mental disorders.
- Body pain.
- Complications with physical functioning.
According to some research, women are recommended to consume 2000 calories, while men should consume about 2500 per day to live a healthy life.
As for Summit, everyone can consume one serving of it, even people who’re on a strict calorie diet. However, if 104 calories are too many, there’re zero-calorie energy drinks that you can go for.
Is Summit Healthy?
Summit is one of very few energy drinks that include low caffeine content with all the beneficial vitamins and taurine. However, the sugar content of Summit is quite high so I wouldn’t call it a healthy energy drink.
Here’s a list of benefits of taurine:
- Supports your metabolism.
- Provides boosts to your physical performance.
- Protects your musculoskeletal system.
- Keep your eyes and ears healthy.
- Protects your heart.
- Protect your brain from aging.
- Fights various conditions.
Here’s a list of the benefits of B vitamins:
- Promotes cell health.
- Growth of red blood cells.
- Increases the energy levels
- Keeps the eyesight healthy.
- Promotes healthy brain function.
- Helps in digestion.
- Keeps a healthy appetite.
- Proper nerve function.
- Balances hormones and cholesterol production.
- Protects cardiovascular health.
- Muscle tone.
As long as you consume Summit in a moderate manner, it’ll provide you with all the above-listed benefits.
How Much Summit You Should Drink In A Day?
Summit is created with a small number of ingredients, it doesn’t contain any unnecessary ingredients, however, it’s the doses of those ingredients that matter.
One serving of Summit contains 80 mg of caffeine and 104 calories with 25.5 g of sugar. While it includes many vitamins and taurine, the sugar content is high and can cause side effects associated with excessive sugar intake.
I’m afraid that regular and excessive consumption of Summit can give rise to many side effects, however occasional and moderate consumption may not.
Check out this review video of Summit to learn more about it.
Alternatives To Summit Energy
Summit Energy drink may be low caffeine levels for some people, therefore, check out the list of alternatives below:
- Summit includes several health-beneficial ingredients like taurine and B vitamins.
- Summit contains only 80 mg of caffeine with 104 calories and 25.5 g of sugar which is too much.
- The caffeine content of Summit is low, so it will take more than 6 cans to have a caffeine overdose. However, it shouldn’t be an excuse to drink more than two cans of Summit.
- Summit energy drink will provide a sufficient boost of energy, however, its sugar content can cause sugar crashes.
- If you have a low tolerance for caffeine, Summit may be just the right energy drink.
- Summit energy drink comes in only one version, meaning as of now there isn’t a zero-calorie version.
- Summit contains 104 calories which may be too many for people who’re on a strict calorie diet.
- I advise you to keep the consumption of Summit in moderation as its sugar content can cause side effects.