Red Bull is one most consumed and liked energy drinks, it holds the largest market share. Red Bull is an Austrian company that goes by the name Red Bull GmbH. Moreover, Red Bull was launched in the year 1987, and since then it has expanded immensely and has come out with innumerable flavors.
Red Bull Green Edition is one of the flavors of Red Bull which contains 114 mg of caffeine, 38 g of sugar, 160 calories, and 1 g of taurine, along with several B vitamins per 12 oz.
In addition, the caffeine content of Red Bull is understandable as it’s an energy drink, however, the sugar content isn’t justified.
Red Bull is quite popular and is consumed by adults as well as teenagers which should raise health concerns. Red Bull or any other energy drink, is marketed to adults only, but teenagers and young adults manage to get their hands on them.
Sugar and caffeine both can be dangerous if consumed in an immoderate manner, so to find out the side effects keep on reading.
Nutritional Facts Of Red Bull Green Edition
Nutritional facts label is one of the most important aspects of energy drinks, it tells you how much and what is in your drink.
Thus, here are the nutritional facts about Red Bull Green Edition:
|Red Bull Green Edition
|Values Per Serving (12 fl. oz)
Additionally, Red Bull Green Edition includes a number of vitamins which include Niacin, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B6.
However, the presence of these vitamins doesn’t justify the sugar content because those vitamins won’t provide as many benefits as the side effects that the sugar content will cause.
Ingredients In Red Bull Green Edition
If you want to understand your beverage more, I suggest you check out its ingredients list. Ingredients determine if the drink is healthy or not.
Therefore, here’s a list of ingredients present in Red Bull Green Edition:
- Carbonated Water.
- Citric Acid.
- Sodium Citrate.
- Natural and Artificial Flavors.
- Pyridoxine HCI (Vitamin B6).
- Calcium Pantothenate.
- Blue 1.
- Vitamin B12.
Caffeine Content In Red Bull Green Edition
Caffeine is one of the most significant ingredients used in energy drinks to give it the ability to provide a boost of energy. Yes, the lift you feel in your energy levels is provided by caffeine, it stimulates the brain and the Central Nervous System.
Caffeine is used as an active ingredient in an energy drink, Red Bull Green Edition includes 114 mg of caffeine per 12 oz.
With one serving of Red Bull Green Edition, your mental and physical performance will increase significantly, which will ultimately increase your productivity.
Caffeine can be bad for you if you consume it in an immoderate manner. Researchers have associated a number of side effects with excessive consumption of caffeine which include:
- Restlessness and shakiness.
- Fast heart rate.
According to the FDA, you should limit your daily caffeine dose to 400 mg or less.
Furthermore, I wouldn’t recommend Red Bull Green Edition to anyone who has caffeine sensitivity because it could give rise to some of the side effects linked with caffeine sensitivity.
Here’s a list of side effects of caffeine sensitivity:
- Rapid heartbeat.
As Red Bull has been one of the most consumed energy drinks, research has associated several side effects that are mainly caused by the consumption of Red Bull.
Take a look at those side effects:
- May rise blood pressure levels and heart rate.
- Can increase the chance of encountering type 2 diabetes.
- Can have harmful effects on your teeth.
- May have a negative effect on your kidney health.
- Can increase high-risk behavior.
- Can cause caffeine overdose and toxicity.
If you want to avoid those side effects, I suggest you keep your distance from energy drinks like Red Bull.
Sugar Content In Red Bull Green Edition
Sugar is sweet but the side effects of excessive sugar intake are bitter. Sugar is used in many food and beverages as it masks the bitterness of certain ingredients. Sugar can also provide a boost of energy, however, it may only last for a short period of time.
Nonetheless, sugar shouldn’t be included in large doses of energy drinks because people often consume more than one can in one sitting. Red Bull Green Edition contains a gross dose of sugar which is 38 g per 12 oz.
Sugar may just be worse than caffeine because there’s no benefit of consuming sugar besides it providing sweetness.
- Fatigue and difficulty concentrating.
- Feeling jittery or anxious.
- Feeling shaky or dizzy.
- Higher blood pressure.
- Weight gain.
- Fatty liver disease.
- Increased risk for heart attack and stroke.
If you want to consume sugar, there’re recommended doses given by the AHA. According to the AHA, women should consume no more than 25 g of sugar, while men should consume 36 g per day.
As long as the sugar intake is within the recommended limit, I suppose there won’t be any side effects. Even if you consume more than one serving of Red Bull Green Edition, you may not experience the above-listed side effects right away, but you are prone to sugar crashes.
Check out this video to know how bad the side effects caused by the consumption of Red Bull are:
Calorie Content In Red Bull Green Edition
Calories are as important as anything because they keep your heart beating and your lungs breathing. Calories are also capable of determining your energy levels, meaning the more calories you consume, the greater energy levels you’ll have.
However, this shouldn’t be an excuse to include too many calories in energy drinks. Red Bull Green Edition has about 160 calories per only 12 oz.
According to research, women are supposed to consume 2000 calories, whereas men can consume 2500 calories.
Now, if you do the math, people often consume more than 3 cans in one sitting which can increase their calorie consumption.
In addition, the consumption of too many calories won’t increase your energy levels, instead, it’ll lead to weight gain, and eventually obesity, especially if the calories you consume aren’t burned by doing exercise.
Obesity has its own list of side effects that you won’t be happy to see, however, it’s important to be aware of them, so here’s a list of health complications associated with obesity:
- All causes of death.
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Gallbladder disease.
- Most likely to suffer from osteoarthritis.
- Sleep apnea and breathing problems.
- Higher risk of many types of cancer.
- Low quality of life.
- Increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Coronary heart disease.
- Higher risk of stroke.
- Mental illness includes clinical depression, anxiety, and many other mental disorders.
- Body pain.
- Difficulty with even regular physical functioning.
If you want to consume energy drinks, I suggest you go for low-calorie versions.
Alternatives To Red Bull Green Edition
Red Bull may not be the healthiest energy drink, there are many other energy drinks that are fully capable of providing a boost of energy while keeping you healthy.
Here’s a list of alternatives to Red Bull Green Edition:
- Red Bull Green Edition is a great-tasting flavor of Red Bull.
- Red Bull Green Edition includes 114 mg of caffeine, 38 g of sugar, and 160 calories with several vitamins.
- I wouldn’t say that Red Bull Green Edition is healthy for everyday consumption because of its sugar content.
- The sugar content of Red Bull Green Edition exceeds the daily recommended dose, which means if you consume more than one serving every day, you’re bound to get sugar crashes.
- The caffeine content of Red Bull Green Edition is justified as it’s an energy drink and caffeine is the ingredient that does most of the work.
- One serving of Red Bull Green Edition includes 160 calories and in my opinion, it’s too many because often teenager would consume more than 3 cans in one sitting.
- All and all, occasional and moderate consumption of Red Bull Green Edition may not cause side effects as compared to chronic and immoderate consumption.